Assistant Director: Alys Always, Bridge Theatre
- Closes17th October 2018
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k)
The Bridge is seeking an Assistant Director for Alys, Always, a new adaption by Lucinda Coxon of the Harriet Lane novel. They will bring experience and enthusiasm to the role, in order to best support the needs of the Director throughout rehearsals and production, and note and maintain the show for the entirety of its run. We are looking for someone who is energetic, tactful, supportive and inquisitive. Applicants should have an appetite for research, a gift for collaboration and an enthusiasm for teamwork.
The role is open to applicants with a minimum of 18 months’ professional experience as a Director or Assistant Director in the theatre. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. We encourage applicants from different backgrounds and different experiences.
To act as Assistant Director to Nicholas Hytner during the rehearsals and production run of Alys, Always.
- Research and prepare any materials requested by the Director in preparation for the start of rehearsals and throughout the rehearsal period
- Provide assistance to the Director during rehearsals, observing and offering input as requested
- Attend production meetings
- Keep notes of rehearsals and write reports if required
- Help organise rehearsal calls in coordination with Stage Management
- Run parallel rehearsals or assist with staging if required
- Support the Director through technical rehearsals and previews, assisting with notes and providing instruction where requested
- Assist in documenting the rehearsal process for the purposes of marketing and archiving
- Rehearse understudies, ensuring they
- Know their parts by the first preview
- Are capable of performing by the third preview
- Have rehearsed and completed a full understudy run no later than ten days after press night
- If an understudy is required to perform, re-rehearse them into the show at the required moment, in keeping with the quality of the production
Full details can be found in the job description on the Bridge Theatre website.
To apply, please complete the separate application form on the website, together with a CV (maximum 1 page) setting out your theatrical experience.