Assistant Manager Scenic Carpentry, Royal Opera House
- Closes18th January 2021
- LocationSouth East
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£40k-50k)
- Artformdance, museums, music, theatre
- ContactHR Department HR.Recruitment@roh.org.uk
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Royal Opera House Scenic Carpentry team at the Bob and Tamar Manoukian Production Workshop, our purpose built state-of-the-art 3750 sq metre building in Purfleet, Essex. The site contains a scenic construction carpentry workshop, metal workshop, paint studio and fit up area, enabling us to make scenery for the Royal Opera and Royal Ballet companies and the Birmingham Royal Ballet.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Workshop Supervisor/Assistant Manager to be responsible for the Scenic Carpentry activities of the ROH workshops; ensuring that all activities are carried out to the highest possible standard of safety, efficiency, and quality, as well as providing effective leadership and management of staff.
You will ideally have:
- City and Guilds qualification in Carpentry and Joinery
- Significant and extensive experience of scenic carpentry manufacture using modern and traditional techniques and an understanding of period styles and history working
- Experience of managing staff, including supervision and training of apprentices and lower skilled staff.
- Experience of constructing large scale sets for theatre venues or companies an advantage.
- Strong awareness of and adherence to Health and Safety policy and best practice.
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under represented in our workforce; in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
A full job description and how to apply is available on our website. For queries about the job or for access requirements, please contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 8am Monday 18th January 2021
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK. No agencies.