Choir leader, Ark Schools
- Closes31st December 2018
- LocationSouth East, Portsmouth
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k pro rata)
- ContactLayla Baldo email@example.com
Choral leaders & support
We are looking to recruit talented and inspiring vocalists to lead and/or support choirs in our Portsmouth primary schools. Placements will commence from October onwards on a freelance basis, with most school placements consisting of one-hour rehearsals on a weekly basis.
Main purpose of the job
Across our network, our programme has a key focus on developing a strong singing tradition in all our schools. Our ‘One Voice’ choir programme supports schools in running excellent school choirs, by providing training opportunities for teachers, pieces of shared repertoire, and professional choir leaders to work with students. We currently have opportunities for inspiring choral leaders to work with our schools’ choirs on a weekly basis, running choir rehearsals from September onwards.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a genuine passion for and belief in the potential of every young person
- be an excellent teacher and musician
- be an active musician
We actively encourage candidates from a variety of backgrounds, particularly Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants.
Start date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis
Fee: Our artist pay scale starts at £50 for a one hour rehearsal
- Lead and develop the school choir, building up student numbers and school support throughout the year
- Lead weekly music rehearsals, and identify performance opportunities
- Establish routines and systems which create a positive learning environment
- Deliver excellent rehearsals which develop pupils’ musicianship in a progressive and purposeful way, with an inclusive practice that allows all musicians to learn
- Source and/or arrange engaging and appropriate repertoire
- Professional experience as a singer, and with choral singing
- Excellent facilitator with experience working with primary and/or secondary children on music projects, activities, workshops and classes
- Experience of building up ensembles from scratch, working with mixed-level groups and developing them
- Experience of delivering musical activities within a school setting
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application pack.