Conferencing and Events Manager, Culture Coventry
- Closes22nd January 2020
- LocationWest Midlands
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, photography, music, theatre
- ContactHR email@example.com
This is an exciting new opportunity for an Events or Conferencing manager to lead, develop and grow the delivery of all corporate events across Culture Coventry Trust and CV Life facilities.
The role will be to ensure effective promotion and delivery of the conference and events facilities across the Culture Coventry and CV Life portfolio to maximise revenue generation.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and organisational skills, have experience within a conferencing, events or hospitality setting.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience within a sales and/or events management environment.
- Ability to travel in UK to attend conferences and meet prospective clients.
- Ability to influence.
- Experience in managing varied stakeholder environments.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and commercial awareness.
- Prospect management and analytic experience.
- Experience in leading others.
- Awareness of Health and Safety procedures and requirements and licensing regulations.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- Team player with an approachable manner.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To monitor and track income targets and KPI’s and present information to the Commercial and Business Partnerships Manager and other Senior Managers as required.
- Proactively identify and implement solutions/actions to improve business performance based upon income analysis.
- Attend relevant trade shows and networking events to enhance the company profile and build new client relationships.
- Introduce new contacts to the business through your own network and proactive approach to sales and build strong relationships with existing clients to drive repeat bookings.
- Work closely with operational team to ensure proactive and professional support for conference and event activities.
- Line management of Events and Visitor Services Administrator.
- To ensure effective working practices with other teams across all Culture Coventry and CV Life venues and be confident to act on your own initiative to ensure conferences and events go to the agreed plan.
If you wish to apply, please download the application/job description of our website and send to HR on firstname.lastname@example.org.