Costume Buyer/ General Assistant, Royal Opera House
- Closes21st November 2018
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, interdisciplinary arts, music, theatre, visual arts
The Royal Opera House produces some of the best opera and ballet in the world. An exciting opportunity has arisen to gain experience with our Costume Department. The successful candidate will provide support to this busy team, liaising with suppliers to buy and maintain stock and samples, organising deliveries and storage, assisting at rehearsals and fittings and providing administration support in the office.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about costume and be able to demonstrate:
- BA/HND or relevant experience in costume/fashion.
- General knowledge of suppliers of fabrics and general goods used in the production of opera and ballet costume.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and image management software.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to deal, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people from within and outside the organisation.
- Ability to prioritise workloads, to work under pressure with a high level of organisational proficiency meeting agreed deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about costume.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.
A full job description is available below. To apply, please copy and paste the link provided: http://recruitment.roh.org.uk/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3282
For queries please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 212 9124 and you can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing Date for applications: 8am, Wednesday 21st November 2018
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 27th November 2018
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.