Filmmaker and Editor, English National Ballet
- Closes10th January 2020
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k pro rata)
- Artformdance, music, theatre, Other
- ContactHR Team email@example.com
ENB seeks to appoint an experienced Filmmaker/Editor. You will create compelling short and medium-form video content including trailers, interviews, vox pops, corporate activations and rehearsal insights.
You will be a talented shooter, editor and creative storyteller who can contribute innovative ideas whilst taking hands-on responsibility for the filmmaking process from conception through to post-production.
The successful candidate will be a creative, experienced and highly motivated filmmaker with an understanding of the latest trends and technology, and a strong track record of producing standout video content.
Experience and Knowledge
- Extensive experience as a filmmaker and editor with a thorough understanding of DSLRs and other HD / broadcast cameras, lighting and sound equipment.
- Practical experience of editing packages and other related grading, colour correction, motion graphics and audio packages.
- Demonstrable experience creating video for arts and culture audiences.
- Portfolio that demonstrates wide variety of creative and engaging video storytelling techniques and understanding of the latest trends and technology.
- Production management experience of multi-camera capture.
- Digital media formats and broadcast technology experience.
- Understanding of evolving social media platforms and best practice for editing effective media content to suit different platforms.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and digital asset management systems.
- Experience of licensing and copyright pertaining to the arts and development of content for online use.
Skills and Abilities
- Organized self-starter with ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability in building and maintaining relationships and working well with stakeholders at all levels.
- Responsive and quick thinking in rapid paced environments with ability to turnaround quality material quickly.
- Experience filming for the performing arts.
- Understanding of health and safety considerations and risk assessments.
How to apply
Covering letter should include:
- Link to your Portfolio - should include examples of previous shooting and editing work
- Summary of your interest in the company
- How you meet the person specification
- Evidence of your ability and experience