Finance Director, English Folk Dance and Song Society
- Closes20th December 2020
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k pro rata)
- Artformcombined arts, dance, libraries, music, Other, Folk Arts
- ContactGlenn Cottenden email@example.com
EFDSS is the national development organisation for the English folk arts. It is multi-faceted, being a membership society (3,400 members); England’s folk arts centre (Cecil Sharp House); an education, training and creative development agency; an advocate and lobbyist on behalf of the folk arts; and custodian of the Vaughan Williams Memorial Library (VWML), England's folk music and dance archive, which was awarded designated status by the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council (MLA) in 2011.
The Finance Director manages all aspects of EFDSS’ finances, to ensure financial records and reporting are up-to-date and accurate, providing the General Purposes Committee (GPC), Chief Executive, Heads of Department and other budget holders with relevant and timely information to help to guarantee this. The Finance Director will work closely with the Chief Executive (CE). The Finance Director will ensure all recognised accounting practices are complied with, and provide regular financial reports including quarterly management accounts to the Chief Executive and GPC.
This is a part-time role of 1 day per week, plus an additional 6 days worked throughout the year as required - £8,920 pa (FTE £40,000 pa)
- Recognised financial qualifications (eg ACCA, CIMA, AAT) with experience in a senior financial management role, managing a finance operation and finance staff
- Significant experience of managing charitable and earned income sources
- Significant experience of managing complex budgets ie those with high levels of input and outputs from a range of sources
- Excellent experience of using SAGE Line 50, SAGE payroll and Excel
- Highly experienced in preparing accounts in accordance with SORP guidelines
- Experience of working in the arts sector
- Experience of working in the charitable sector
Further Information and How to Apply
For further information about our work and to download the full Job Description please visit our website https://efdss.org/about-us
Applicants should complete the EFDSS Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which can be downloaded at https://www.efdss.org/about-us/work-for-us (CVs will not be accepted).
Applications should be submitted by Sunday 20 December via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom and will be scheduled for mid-January 2021.