Inn Crowd - Writer/performer in residence, Applause Rural Touring
- Closes26th November 2018
- LocationSouth East
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£40k-50k pro rata)
- ContactSally Lampitt email@example.com
South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA) and Applause Rural Touring (ART) are pleased to announce a new partnership to commission a spoken word inspired show that explores and records residents relationship, thoughts and feelings of the South Downs National Park and will tour across the region in 2019 as part of the Inn Crowd project.
Inn Crowd supports rural pubs to host spoken word-inspired live performances, working with some of the UK’s top artists and performers to provide pubs in rural areas with professional, high-quality, fantastic live entertainment and reinforces the pub as a central, vibrant part of community life. Further information about Inn Crowd can be found here http://inncrowd.org.uk/.
We are looking for an individual or collective that has the necessary skills and experience to deliver both creative and artistic excellence along with strong project management. The project will run from January – August 2019 and will include the following:
- Research: identify pubs and local community groups/schools to participate and contribute to the project and to host the new show.
- Residency: develop innovative and creative ways to gather material focused on the South Downs and people’s relationship with it, using local community networks and host pubs.
- Commission: from the material gathered develop one or more pieces for performance in host pubs.
- Performance: deliver 7 shows in host pubs across the region.
It is anticipated that this is a collaborative project and that the Lead writer/performer is likely to engage other creative practitioners to support the delivery of this work.
- Research and Project Administration Fee: £2,000 (minimum of 10 days)
- Total Residency Fee for lead artist and visiting artists or performers: £6,300 (minimum of 21 days)
- Commission fee for development of spoken word inspired show - £4,000
- Touring fees @ £450 inclusive per show – (minimum of 7)
Deadline for applications: 9am Monday 26 November
Interviews 3-5 December (please confirm that you are available for interview)
Full details and how to apply via www.applause.org.uk