Invitation to tender Delivery of the Festival of Lights event, Crewe Town Council
- Closes3rd May 2018
- LocationNorth West
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£10k-15k)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, literature, museums, photography, music, theatre, visual arts, Other, Creative company, production company
- ContactSimona Garnero email@example.com
The purpose of this tender is to let a contract with a Creative/Production Company to manage the planning and delivery of the first edition of the Festival of Lights event in Crewe (working title) on Friday 23rd November in Crewe, Memorial Square.
The deadline for tenders is Friday 3rd May.
Crewe Town Council is seeking to appoint a production company to organise and deliver the first edition of the Festival of Lights event in Crewe (23rdNovember).
The event will be held in Memorial Square, Crewe, and should be inspired by “A Christmas Carol” by Dickens. Promenade performances, dancers, stilt walkers and lantern parade should be the ingredients of the festival. We will appreciate any ideas or proposals that can celebrate the Christmas theme, and enhance the profile of Crewe as an innovative and forward thinking town.
The finale of the Festival of Lights will be a 3D building projection (out of scope in this request), that will run from that day until Christmas.
The objectives of the Festival of Lights are set out below:
- To enhance the profile of Crewe as an innovative and forward thinking cultural centre;
- To work closely with hard to reach and diverse communities to enable meaningful participation with the even;
- To animate the town centre and to create a distinctive, family friendly, ambience distinguishing it from other towns;
- To make the celebrations inclusive and to facilitate the meaningful participation of people of all races, religions, age groups and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- To create an iconic event with significant appeal that will help attract visitors domestically and internationally, supporting growth in the visitor economy.
Festival of Lights Theme/Format
The festival will be on Friday 23rdNovember from 5pm to 8pm in Memorial Square, Crewe.
Deadline Friday 3rd May
Email tenders to: Simona Garnero firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearly mark the email: Tender – Festival of Lights 2018
If you would like to speak to anyone about your proposal please contact Simona Garnero, Marketing and event officer on email@example.com 01270 756975 to discuss.