Jette Parker Young Artists Programme Assistant, Royal Opera House
- Closes26th March 2018
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, music, theatre, visual arts
£20,566 per annum
Fixed Term Contract until December 2019
The Jette Parker Young Artists Programme accepts 14 singers, musicians and directors of exceptional promise from all over the globe to train with the Royal Opera over a 2 year period. They perform in productions, give recitals, receive bespoke coaching in music, languages and stagecraft and are involved in a wide range of internal and external events.
Our busy office is looking for an additional team member for a fixed period to support the administration of our young artists.
The post will develop the candidate`s administrative skills and provide experience of working in an arts organisation. In addition to general administrative support, the role involves a number of specific tasks such as maintenance of databases, mail-outs, audition administration, scheduling support and assistance with JPYAP events.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Administrative experience.
- Excellent IT skills, which must include all Microsoft Office functions (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail, with excellent proof-reading skills.
- Proven ability to work in an organized manner, with a systematic approach and ability to juggle multiple tasks under pressure.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Enthusiasm to learn more about classical music and opera and to support developing artists.
More information about the Programme can be found on our website: www.roh.org.uk/about/jette-parker-young-artists-programme.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.
A full job description is available from our website. To apply, please click on the following link, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Apply Now. http://recruitment.roh.org.uk/vacancyView.php?requirementId=2970
For queries please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com or 0207 212 9124 and you can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing date for applications: 8.00 am, Monday 26 March 2018.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK.