Junior Editor, Avenues
- Closes15th October 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k)
- ContactThomas Goldser firstname.lastname@example.org
Avenues is a London based edit house, working across Fashion, Commercial, Music Video and Documentary.
We’re looking for a Junior Editor to join our team.
We are a boutique company with ambitious plans, and want to find an individual who shares our enthusiasm and vision.
The correct candidate will be highly motivated, proactive, hard working, creative and technically savvy with excellent communication skills and a real desire to learn and create beautiful work.
The following skills are desired.
- Deep knowledge of Adobe CC; particularly Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Working knowledge with Avid, Resolve and FCP X
- An exhaustive understanding of codecs
- Up to date with latest developments in the industry - both technically and stylistically.
- Strong storytelling skills
- Social media savvy
- Knowledge of LUTs
- Strong understanding of camera formats
- A very good understanding of workflow
Your duties would consist of handling the day to day running of the studio, dealing with new business, quoting on jobs, handling invoicing, running the SAN, responsible archiving and media handling, updating website and social channels, and of course editing.
Your editing tasks will range from handling ingest, transcoding, prepping projects, synching audio and making selects, to cutdowns, versioning, additional edits, deliveries etc, on a broad range of commercial, fashion, music and documentary jobs.
Being proficient with After Effects would be hugely advantageous, as well as understanding how this may impact any given workflow.
We would like you to be capable of taking responsibility for full edits on certain projects, and would love to help you develop as an editor, with a view to eventually having you onboard as a senior editor to make way for the next junior…
The role would be on an initial 6 month contract, with a view to extending.
Please send CV’s along with examples of work, a covering letter outlining why you’re right for the job, and salary expectations to email@example.com