Lighting Systems Manager, Royal Opera House
- Closes18th January 2021
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£40k-50k)
- Artformdance, museums, music
- ContactHR Department HR.Recruitment@roh.org.uk
The ROH aims to enrich people’s lives through opera and ballet. It seeks to be accessible and engaging, to develop audiences across the UK and to break new ground in the presentation of lyric theatre. Our Technical and Production Department plays a leading part in ensuring our performances are of the highest quality by delivering technical excellence for every performance, rehearsal and event. We are seeking to appoint a Lighting Systems Manager to be responsible for the equipment and systems of the Lighting Department, providing technical advice for additional equipment needs, productions, events and outside venues, ensuring that all activities are carried out to the highest possible standard of safety, efficiency, and quality.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An excellent track record in lighting systems management for major professional theatres, current experience is essential
- Accredited training to current standards in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, in line with BS7909/7671
- A thorough understanding of current lighting equipment and systems and the implications of new product developments in line with the principles of the ROH Sustainability policy
- The ability to assess production needs for lighting requirements and identify and recommend any developments to existing systems or equipment
- Proficient use of lighting software including AutoCAD, Vectorworks, Lightwright, MLA and good understanding of Visualisation Software
- Proven experience of managing teams and projects with consistent high production standards. Positive leadership style, leading by example.
A strong awareness of and adherence to Health and Safety policy and best practice is also essential.
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under represented in our workforce; in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
A full job description and how to apply is available on our website. For queries about the role or for access requirements, please contact the HR Department at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 8am Monday 18th January 2021