Music Editor, Music Sales Group
- Closes31st May 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- ContactJenn Perry firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Sales Group is one of the World’s leading music publishers, owning and managing over 200,000 popular and classical music copyrights. The Music Editor supports the Managing Editor in the delivery of composer-related scores and materials controlled by Music Sales Group UK classical publishing companies (and sometimes by MSG affiliate companies without editorial resource), on a timely basis and to a high standard to enable the distribution of these published works for premiere, sale and on hire.
Shaping the Business
• Maintaining high standards of editorial accuracy and presentation for the company’s publications;
• Maintaining working relationships with freelance editors, typesetters and proofreaders as necessary and on terms appropriate to support the publishing schedules;
• Being an active part of the review of systems to maximize the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the delivery of publishing schedules.
Developing the Product Offering
• Delivering new works and editions in printed form for distribution on premiere, sale or hire;
• Delegating editorial, type-setting and proofing responsibility to individuals who are most appropriate to the job in hand.
• Presenting for discussion ideas for new publications which have the potential to attract attention and produce income;
Taking the Product and Service to the Customer/Market
• Editing and proofreading publications as necessary;
• Delivering new publications and masters according to schedule;
• Taking direct responsibility for the delivery of new works by designated composers;
• Circulating information on such new materials within the company.
Managing the Money
• Ensuring the delivery of new publications according to budget;
• Controlling setting, editorial and proofing costs within agreed parameters.
Managing Information and Knowledge
• Participating in overseeing the efficient application and maintenance of database resources within the Department;
• Proposing developments to existing database resources and systems to improve efficiency in this area;
• Overseeing the regular dissemination of new title/master information within the company;
• Providing administrative support to the editorial department.
Full details can be found at http://www.musicsalesclassical.com/news/3958.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.