Music Mentor, Ark Schools
- Closes31st December 2018
- LocationSouth East, Portsmouth
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k pro rata)
- ContactLayla Baldo email@example.com
Music Mentors – Supporting school choirs
We are looking to recruit talented and inspiring singers at the start of their career. We have exciting opportunities for freelance singers who are keen to work in music education, working with our Portsmouth primary schools in a support role. Our Music Mentors act as role models and valuable support to our teachers and Artists in Residence, working with our school choirs, with most school placements consisting of one-hour rehearsals on a weekly basis.
Main purpose of the job
Providing a wide range of school support both in and out of the classroom, the programme’s integrated approach to learning develops strong music curricula as well as school enrichment. We have opportunities for inspiring musicians to support our schools’ extra-curricular ensembles, ranging from choirs to drumming groups to mixed-level orchestras, working with the ensembles on a weekly basis from September onwards.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a genuine passion for and belief in the potential of every young person
- be keen to learn and develop as a music educator
- be an active musician
We actively encourage candidates from a variety of backgrounds, particularly Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants.
Start date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis
Fee: Our Music Mentor pay scale starts at £25 for a one hour rehearsal
- Support weekly music rehearsals, through offering musical and operational support to the ensemble leader
- Develop and deliver a roster of relevant warm-ups, which are purposeful and fun
- Establish routines and systems which create a positive learning environment
- Act as a role model to students, modelling good behaviour and excellent musicianship
- Extensive musical experience, including choral/ensemble work
- Engaging and inspiring musician, with demonstrable rapport with children
- Some experience working with primary and/or secondary children
- Knowledge of a variety of musical genres/styles
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application pack.