Office Manager, Aesthetica Magazine Ltd
- Closes24th January 2021
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Artformcombined arts, film, literature, photography, music, visual arts
- ContactDale Donley email@example.com
Salary £24,000 - £26,000 (Part-time, pro-rata)
We are recruiting an Office Manager to work in our York office for 3 days (or 22.5 hours) per week, during Mondays – Fridays (days negotiable). You will be working for the art and culture magazine, Aesthetica, as well as all related projects, including the Aesthetica Short Film Festival, Art Prize, Future Now Symposium and Creative Writing Award.
Reporting to the directors, the successful candidate will oversee the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office, organising people, information and other resources. You'll ensure that office equipment is maintained to the appropriate quality and quantity, relevant records are up to date and all administrative processes work effectively.
- Use a range of software, including online filing systems, email, spreadsheets and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the office.
- Raise invoices, chase late payments and manage the day-to-day processing of financial accounts.
- Process sales and organise shipping.
- Respond to customer enquiries across several email accounts.
- Using email mail-merge software to communicate with customers.
- Manage the Awards and submitters communications.
- Be the point of contact for internal communications facilitating efficient teamwork and liaise between staff and directors.
- Delegate work to staff and manage their workload and output.
- Become a point of contact for freelance staff.
- Organise travel and accommodation for guests.
- Manage guest lists and goody bags for events.
- Develop and implement new administrative systems, with the aim of improving the team’s accuracy and efficiency.
- Assist with training and development of skills for new and existing staff.
The ideal candidate
- Confidently use office management software.
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management.
- Well organised and methodical approach to any task.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Pro-active with a can-do approach to work.
- Ability to use your own initiative.
- Previous experience in administration is essential.
Email us your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would like to apply for this position.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications Sunday 24 January.