Open call for creative projects - Various Stages Festival 2020, Mahogany Opera Group
- Closes25th November 2019
- LocationEngland wide
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformcombined arts, dance, interdisciplinary arts, music, theatre, Other, opera, music theatre
- ContactAllison Rosser email@example.com
OPEN CALL: For the Various Stages Festival 2020, Mahogany Opera are offering workshops and a showcase for three project ideas.
Whether you call your project opera, music theatre, music-driven performance or something else, we’re looking for any sort of creative endeavour that explores the interplay between music and other forms of live performance. To find out more details visit Mahogany Opera’s website here.
- Space for 3 days of R&D
- Contribution of up to £2,000 towards personnel and materials for workshops plus lead artist fee.
- An Artistic Advisor.
- Tech and admin support.
- A public showcase with feedback on 19/03/2020 at Institute of Contemporary Arts, London.
- The opportunity to meet and talk to producers, venues and programmers.
Our vision is for opera to be a collaborative, inclusive and dynamic artform and our mission is to stretch the boundaries of what opera can be and who it is for.
- We’re open to projects in various stages of development.
- We want to hear from artists who wish to develop and share their practice & exchange ideas.
- We are looking for ideas that challenge preconceived ideas and structures.
- We are interested in the quality of your work and your modes of expression, not simply where and with whom you have previously worked.
- The open call is not open to artists who are currently in undergraduate education.
- We work with a range of communities across our work and applications are actively encouraged from artists who reflect the diversity of our participants and audiences.
- We welcome applications from practitioners who consider themselves to be disabled and will make any reasonable adjustments required for any part of the open call process, and to support you in your role.
- While there is no fixed outcome beyond the showcase, we are interested in ideas that have the potential to be developed further. If we really knew what we were looking for then we wouldn’t be doing this open call! We want to be surprised and inspired by your idea.