Opportunity for Emerging Artists: Nurturing Talent, Create
- Closes10th February 2020
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, literature, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactFrankie Coppola email@example.com
Nurturing Talent, Create’s programme for emerging artists, is running between April 2020 and March 2021, offering an opportunity to six graduate artists (all studies must have been completed) who are interested in gaining hands-on workshop experience to apply their professional practice in a community setting.
Over 12 months (approximately 27 days) you will:
- Work as a supporting artist alongside Create’s professional artists to plan and deliver three or more creative arts projects (circa 18 days). You’ll work with different community groups (eg: vulnerable older people; young carers; children with disabilities; homeless adults).
- Attend six professional development training days led by Create artists, which focus on leadership skills, workshop planning and delivery.
- Work in pairs to design and deliver your own workshop in one of Create’s community settings.
For more information, download the Nurturing Talent Brochure on our website https://createarts.org.uk/2020/01/opportunity-for-emerging-artists-nurturing-talent/
To apply, contact Frankie Coppola, Project Administrator, for an application form (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please state your art form (e.g. creative writing, photography) when requesting an application form.
Your application form along with an informal two minute talking head video can be submitted until 9.30am on Monday 10 February 2020. Please note however: receipt of applications per art form will close once 20 have been received. A copy of our equal opportunities policy can be found on our website.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 27 and Friday 28 February 2020.