Project Coordinator: WCEC Storage Moves, The British Museum
- Closes26th February 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
Project Coordinator: WCEC Storage Moves
Collection Projects and Resources
Fixed term until 31/08/2021
£29,958 per annum
Application deadline: 12 Noon on Wednesday 26 February 2020
The British Museum is seeking a Project Coordinator to assist with the WCEC Storage Moves project. In this role you will be coordinating a major collection storage and move project to move collections from a storage outstation in East London to new facilities in the World Conservation and Exhibitions Centre in Bloomsbury.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Work with collection managers, curators and conservators to coordinate the processing, transport and rehousing of collections, ensuring that activities align with Museum policy and procedures.
- Plan and oversee collection move logistics, working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Line management of fixed-term, project-dedicated roles
- Coordination of contractor and supplier activity, ensuring the timely delivery of goods and services.
- Monitor project budgets, plan financial estimates and resources required.
- Organise transport related to collection moves.
With degree level or equivalent experience, the successful candidate will have excellent organisational and project coordination skills. Able to plan work schedules and maintain effective processes and procedures, they will have experience of budget management and collating formal reports. We are looking for a self-motivated and assertive team player, who can maintain a flexible and creative approach, finding solutions for complex problems. A strong communicator, you will be confident in diplomatically dealing with a variety of stakeholders both in writing and in person.
For further information or to apply, please follow the link below: