Scenic Metalwork Technician, Royal Opera House
- Closes18th January 2021
- LocationSouth East, Purfleet, Essex
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Artformfilm, museums, music, theatre
- ContactHR Department HR.Recruitment@roh.org.uk
This is an opportunity to join our Scenic Construction team at the Bob and Tamar Manoukian Production Workshop, our purpose built state-of-the-art 3750 sq. metre building in Purfleet, Essex. The site contains a scenic construction carpentry workshop, metal workshop, paint studio and fit up area, enabling us to make scenery for the Royal Opera and Royal Ballet companies and the Birmingham Royal Ballet.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Scenic Metalworker. You must be able to demonstrate:
- A recognised metalwork/welding qualification is essential
- Knowledge and experience of metalwork manufacture using modern and traditional techniques and an understanding of period styles and history in scenic construction
- Metalwork skills including sheet metalwork, welding steel/aluminium structures which are sometimes suspended (an understanding of stress and strength is essential).
- Experience of constructing large scale sets for theatre venues or companies an advantage.
- Knowledge of Mig/Tig/Arc/Spot welding, brazing and soldering.
- Strong awareness of and adherence to Health and Safety policy and best practice.
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under represented in our workforce; in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
A full job description and how to apply is available on our website. For queries about the role or for access requirements, please contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 8am Monday 18th January 2021