Special Projects Programme Manager (Maternity Cover), Royal Opera House
- Closes19th November 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£50k+)
- Artformdance, libraries, museums, music, theatre, Other
Full-time (40 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Fixed-term contract for 12 months (maternity cover)
Following a £50m+ capital project (Open Up) focused on the front of house areas, the Royal Opera House is now turning its attention to our back of house areas. This is an opportunity to work on range of building projects arising from current operational needs as well as contributing to a 10-15 year capital plan of upgrade, renewal and modernisation (the Renewal Programme). The role will work closely with the Director of Operations, the Renewal Programme Director, external consultants and a wide range of internal stakeholders.
The role will have responsibility for analysing current arrangements, planning change and capital development opportunities, managing project budgets, liaising with colleagues regarding the programme and impact of works, and for the positive and timely communication of project plans. Collaborating with other managers in the delivery of wider ROH programmes and projects will also be a requirement of the role.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven project and programme management skills, demonstrating a broad vision combined with an eye for detail
- Experience of estate planning and construction projects
- Experience of relationship management including an understanding of operational requirements and sponsorship relationships
- Demonstrable ability to work within a complex operating environment with a range of different stakeholders
- Highly effective and confident interpersonal and influencing skills - able to inspire confidence, and develop effective working relationships internally and externally
- Proven ability to work proactively and independently, making decisions with minimal supervision.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We welcome conversations about flexible working.
A full job description and information on how to apply for this position are available on our website www.roh.org.uk. Please contact the Human Resources Department on Tel: +44 (0) 20 7212 9752 if you have any access requirements or queries.
Closing date for applications: 08.00, Tuesday 19 November 2019.
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.