Technical Designer, James Glancy Design
- Closes27th April 2018
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- ArtformOther, Technical
A South-East London creative design company is looking to supplement their technical team with a Technical Designer. The company makes large scale Christmas decorations and installations for both interior and exterior venues.
Please see website for examples of our work. jamesglancydesign.com
We are looking for a dedicated and multi-skilled candidate who has a keen interest in the creative industries and can work across numerous design and build projects simultaneously. They will need to work within a busy technical team and enjoy discussing different approaches to a problem.
The candidate will need to have a good understanding of carpentry and metalwork and be able to recommend manufacturing and build techniques. They should also be able to employ efficient and safe production processes whilst developing design concepts into reality.
The job requires providing a supportive role to the onsite installation teams whilst ensuring that technical and engineering information is adhered to, this will involve night work and working outside of London.
Tasks for the Technical Designer will include but are not limited to:
- Attend regular meeting with the Technical, Design and Production departments
- Provide technical support to the production team
- Create construction drawings for the workshop and suppliers
- Collate information for installation manuals
- Provide onsite technical knowledge and advice
- Attend and conduct site surveys
- Produce models, plans and elevations in AutoCad and SketchUp
- Attend training where necessary
Recommended skills and experience
Carpentry & Metalwork