Trainee Curator, Museum of Cornish Life
- Closes15th November 2020
- LocationSouth West
- TypeFull time (paid internship)
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k)
- ContactAnnette MacTavish firstname.lastname@example.org
We are offering an opportunity to join our team as Trainee Curator. Working with a small staff team (Director, Community Engagement Curator and Apprentice) and a large team of volunteers you will get to experience all aspects of museum work. The focus of the role will be assisting with a range of collections projects including exhibitions, digital and community engagement. Through Cornwall Museums Partnership you will benefit from and contribute to a peer network of other Trainee Curators in Cornwall.
This role is an entry-level position designed to provide hands on work experience in a range of museum activities. We welcome all backgrounds and are interested in your potential to develop. This role is part funded by Cultivator; a project supported by European Structural and Investment Funds, HM Government, Arts Council England and Cornwall Council, as well as the John Ellerman Foundation through Cornwall Museums Partnership.
For full details and how to apply
- Salary: £17,000 +4% pension and essential travel allowance pro rata
- Hours: 37.5 per week
- Leave: 25 days leave + statutory bank holidays pro rata
- Term: 9 months (11 January – 8 October 2020)
- Interview: 3 December 2020