Visitor Experience Assistant, Step Ahead
- Closes30th September 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, libraries, literature, museums, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactAngelina Kapeta firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a museum and library dealing with life, medicine and art, require flexible, professional staff with excellent interpersonal skills to work as Visitor Experience Assistants. This role is to provide temporary backfill and extra support to this team as needed on an as and when shift basis, depending on your availability. The role involves working front of house and invigilating galleries, maintaining an excellent experience for visitors and ensuring is accessible and inclusive, and maintaining the safety of people and objects.
Specifically this will include:
- Being a constant, active and visible presence, presenting a friendly, proactive and approachable face to visitors.
- Actively engaging with visitors
- Dealing with visitors’ questions, queries and concerns in a friendly, thorough and professional manner.
- Proactively spot and respond to issues affecting the safety and experience of visitors, and the safety and accessibility.
- Act as fire marshal, manage queuing and crowd control, and actively maintain the safety of visitors and staff (e.g. by reporting spills and hazards, checking fire escapes etc.)
- Proactively invigilate the galleries, engaging with visitors and maintaining the safety and security of artworks and objects. Ensure spaces are clean and presentable and respond to issues or report to the Duty Manager.
- Undertake operational tasks such as opening and closing galleries, stocking up leaflets, tidying, putting out queuing barriers, moving boxes and materials
- For the role, you must have front of house or customer service experience along with excellent customer service skill and a proactive, positive attitude. Must also have a wide availability in order to undertake shifts which can occur at any time on any day of the week.
- Confident, friendly and cheerful with exceptional inter-personal skills. Good time keeping and organisational skills.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
If you are interested, please apply by sending your CV with a brief covering statement of how your skills and experience match the above requirements to email@example.com