Workshop Assistant, Sparks Film and Media Arts Ltd
- Closes30th June 2018
- LocationLondon, South East
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformfilm, interdisciplinary arts, theatre, visual arts
- ContactSheena email@example.com
Freelance Workshop Assistant
At Sparks we're passionate about potential. Through innovative workshops, courses and events, we help children and teenagers to develop creativity, gain in confidence, and to fall in love with film.
We are looking to meet new workshop assistants to help deliver our range of Saturday sessions, after school clubs, holiday projects and ad hoc birthday party projects.
- Child behaviour support
- Working with individuals and small groups of children on creative filmmaking tasks
- Filmmaking equipment set up
- Supervision of children
- Workshop delivery support tasks as required
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with children, a passion for film, confidence, intuition, good communication skills, team working skills and an aptitude for technical operation.
The role is a freelance one, and successful candidates will be invited to join our workshop pool, and then offered specific projects that are the best match for them.
As this is a self-employment role, candidates will be responsible for their own NI and tax obligations.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, and attend two days of compulsory induction training.
Applications by other means will not be accepted.