Workshop Facilitators (all disciplines), Moving Waves
- Closes26th August 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformdance, music, theatre, combined arts, interdisciplinary arts, visual arts
- ContactTina Euri Tina@movingwaves.org
Moving Waves run workshops, classes and clubs at care homes, schools and coorporate organisations accross London. We strongly and passionately believe that the arts are a very powerful tool to transforming people's lives and developing vital life skills. Our team is made up of actors, dancers, singers, yoga/zumba practitioners, performing arts teachers and Drama/Movement/Art/Music therapists.
We are looking for experienced workshop facilitators and therapists to join our team of freelancers. We are particularly interested in hearing from facilitators who are confident and experienced in leading workshops in at least two of the below disciplines:
Work hours vary from 1-12 hours a week (or ad hoc/cover basis) and pay starts at £25 p/h. Once the first 30 hours of work have been completed, the hourly rate increases to £30p/h.
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups and/or children
- Passion about using the arts to make a difference in people's lives
- Empathetic, kind and patient
- A good knowledge of all art disciplines : Art, Drama, Dance, Music
- Creative, Confident and Motivated
- Able to adapt to different situations, work independently and think on your feet
- A positive attitude and friendly approach with a sense of humour
- DBS check
- Willing to travel to different London locations for classes
- Happy to work on a self-employed basis
Introductory training, constant support and resources will be provided.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ''Workshop Facilitator - application''. Please state in your letter your base and availability.
This position would suit a freelancer looking to build up more part-time work and interested in the field of applied arts.
Interviews will take place on the 29th-30th Aug. We look forward to hearing from you!