Y Active Coach, YMCA West London
- Closes1st October 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- ArtformOther, theatre, dance, Youth Work/Coaching
- ContactZoe Sheehan email@example.com
Location: South Ealing
Contract: Permanent contract, Term time only (41 weeks), Part time (16 hours)
Salary: £10.66 per hour
Y Active Coach
YMCA West London is a charity and registered housing provider whose mission is to be an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive. As a member of the wider YMCA Federation, our vision is of places where young people thrive and communities flourish.
The Association is the largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for around 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, care homes, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its Health and Wellbeing Centres, children, youth and family programmes including nurseries, after school clubs and soft play centres.
This role is based at our YMCA in South Ealing, reporting to the Children, Youth and Community Services Manager and responsible for volunteers, trainees and assistant coaches. The post holder will be expected to develop and coordinate a challenging, stimulating and safe activity programme for children and adults; ensuring that each individual is involved and encouraged to participate fully and realise his/her full potential. The post holder will also be expected to act as the face of Y Active through excellent customer services and care, representing the good name of Y Active and YMCA West London at all times.
- Have knowledge of Curriculum planning and delivery
- Have knowledge of children’s welfare and safeguarding needs
- Have knowledge of health and safety issues concerning the delivery of activity classes
- Have experience of delivering activity classes
- Hold a recognized qualification in dance/drama or recognized and relevant fitness teaching qualification