Brief Encounters exhibition Late
- LocationEast Midlands
- Artformvisual arts
- ContactProf. Turi King firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 15th March 5pm-7pm
Newarke Houses Museum & Gardens, The Newarke, Leicester, LE2 7BY
The University of Leicester invited artists to take part in its British Science Week through the Brief Encounters initiative, hosting 8 Mini Science/Art Residencies. Artists were invited to spend time with University of Leicester scientists in their environment and to share each other’s practices, culminating in this exhibition.
The Brief Encounters initiative is led by Professor Turi King (UoL), the late event will be a chance to meet some of the artists involved. The exhibition runs from 9th– 31stMarch.
Opening times Mon-Sat from 10am-4pm, Sun 11am-4pm.
Artists taking part
- Kate Bajic - jewellery
- Amica Dickson - fine art (right, with Steven Foster)
- Graham Ensor - installation art
- Phil Hackett - illustration
- Kathryn Parsons - mixed media
- Ruth Singer - textiles
- Mita Solanky - visual art
- Lucy Stevens - exploring acoustic ecology
Scientists taking part
- Dr Steven Foster - Department of Genetics and Genome Biology
- Professor Flaviano Giorgini - Department of Genetics and Genome Biology
- John Holt - Space Research Centre
- Dr Jonathan Nichols - Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Dr Kim Page - Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Gayle Price - the University's very own Scientific Glassblower!
- Dr Nicola Royle - Department of Genetics and Genome Biology