Call for submissions: Residency at FAC, Cumbria, Florence Arts Centre
- LocationNorth West
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, literature, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactCraig email@example.com
Florence Arts Centre / Artists in Residence 2018-2019
Florence Arts Centre is now accepting submissions and proposals from artists who wish to hold residencies from Autumn 2018 and into 2019. Based at a disused iron ore mine, FAC is a multi-purpose arts centre in Egremont, West Cumbria, with spaces for workshops, exhibitions and performance, with a paint-making studio on site using natural pigments, including our own iron ore, to create a range of artists’ materials.
We are looking for an individual or a group of artists for each of four discrete strands, under the umbrella of ‘Arts and Science’. The strands are: Visual Arts, Digital, Music and Creative Writing. This is a great opportunity for artists who need space to devise new work which is site-specific to our unique location on Cumbria’s Energy Coast, between the Lake District UNESCO World Heritage Site and the Irish Sea.
There is no restriction on the kind of work accepted and the application is open to artists of all ages, working in any medium. Proposals should include both the residency element and a resulting exhibition, workshop or performance. We will accept proposals for both short and long-term residencies (up to 15 days).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Residency 2018/2019”. The deadline for submissions is 29 April 2018. The go-ahead for successful projects will be dependent on Arts Council England funding.
- your name and contact details
- the strand in which you would like to work (Visual Arts, Digital, Music or Creative Writing)
- up to 500 words about your project
- links to your previous work
- references from two previous residencies and/or tutors, professional contacts