Create your own "Artwear" jacket with Peter Gibson, Fabrications - Hackney
- Artformcrafts, Other, drawing, embroidery, embellishment
- ContactBarley Massey email@example.com
Following Peter Gibson "Artwear" recent exhibition at Fabrications, by popular demand we've invited Peter back to offer his one of a kind 1 day creative workshop.
Peter Gibson calls himself a “Creativist”, a term he invented to describe his professional life as an Artist, Filmmaker, and Musician. He studied Fine Art and Pedagogy at Liverpool College of Art and Design in the early Sixties.
Peter began embroidering denim jackets to relieve the boredom of endless motorway. He was entirely self taught and would always have an embroidery project “on the go” whilst touring. He has been “Jacketing” for over fifty years.
A “Painter with Threads” . He has his own visual language of “Stitchery” which is unique in its colour, design and way of working. He fabricates repeating motifs of colourful beings, musical notes, stars, and zigzags as well as text of song lyrics or notable phrases relevant to the subject matter. Start your own "Artwear" with Peter!
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- Bring a plain item of clothing to life
- Explore expressive hand sewing and embroidery techniques
- Experiment with a 'mixed media' approach to embellishment
- Design your own or use existing designs for hand embroidery
- Pick up some 'insider' tips, tricks and approaches from a practising artist.
Included in this workshop:
- Sketch book to start your creative journey
- Embroidery threads to start your project
- Embroidery Needle
- Additional 'found' & vintage haberdashery such as buttons, patches, braid & lace
Please bring: Your own denim jacket to work on and think about the question "what makes me tick?" as this will be the starting point for your own "Artwear" jacket.
WHEN: Sunday 2nd February, 11am - 5pm
WHERE: Fabrications, 7 Broadway Market, Hackney, London E8 4PH. http://www.fabrications1.co.uk
HOW TO BOOK: E-mail or call Barley on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE via Fabrications website CALENDAR