Eastbourne Write Club retreat - 26 & 27 May 2018, This Too Is Real
- LocationSouth East
- ContactAmy firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a weekend writing retreat on Sat 26 May and Sun 27 May, organised by writers for writers, at Eastbourne’s new Devonshire Collective.
This will be a dedicated writing space for you to bring whatever you want to work on and write in the company and quiet hum of other writers.
A stone’s throw from the beach, artisan ice cream on your doorstep and a super nice space that’s been recently converted. What more could you ask for?
The plan for the day is simple:
- 10am arrivals – bring your own tea/coffee/refreshments
- 10.30am – group decides on writing schedule for day & housekeeping rules
- 10.30-5pm – write! *lunch break planted somewhere in this time
- 5-6pm – share work, network, drinks (optional)
Maximum space: 15 per day
Writers of all genres & level of experience are welcome.
The retreat will provide a dedicated quiet space, loosely structured. The main rule is that we respect the shared need for quiet to work within, unless during agreed break times. And have fun.
You can book for just 1 day or book for both.
What do I bring
We suggest you bring everything you need to make your writing comfortable, such as
- pen, paper, notebook, laptop
- cushion, scarf, blanket, jumper,
- favorite tea, snacks, Snoopy mug
- talisman, desk ornaments
- headphones (don’t forget these)
- your own breakfast/lunch/dinner
Saturday venue: DC3 Project Space, 1-5 Seaside BN22 7NA
Sunday venue: DC1 Cafe & Gallery, 67-69 Seaside Road BN21 3PL
Both venues are fully accessible. There is wifi. We will have access to kettle, fridge, cups, cutlery and other necessities.
Advance booking required. £10 per day per person
You can pay:
- BACS - please email email@example.com
- online ticketing (small fee)
Tickets are non-refundable & cannot be exchanged.
Your hosts for the day
Phone number in case you get lost (07775615817)