Free Introduction to Directing Course for POC, 20 Stories High
- LocationNorth West, Liverpool
- Artformcombined arts, theatre
- ContactNathan Powell firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to address the current lack of cultural diversity across the industry, 20 Stories High, Talawa, Tiata Fahodzi and Freedom Studios have joined forces with the Independent Theatre Council and the Regional Theatre Young Directors Scheme to create the Artistic Director Leadership Programme.
As part of this initiative, we are running a free Introduction to Directing course for people of colour.
The course will involve:
- The opportunity to explore theatre directing techniques through practical workshops and activities.
- Sessions led by the 20 Stories High team and experienced guest directors.
- A chance to work on scenes with professional actors.
- Mentoring and support in planning your next steps in the industry.
The course is presented in association with The Unity, is entirely free of charge and no previous directing experience is required.
The course will run daily from Monday 30 April to Friday 4 May 2018 and will take place at The Unity Theatre, Liverpool.
It is for people aged 18+.
To find out more or apply, get in touch with Trainee Artistic Director Nathan Powell at email@example.com, detailing why you would like to take part in the course and any relevant previous experience in theatre.
Alternatively, you can call Nathan on 0151 708 9728 for a chat to see if the course is right for you.
Deadline for applications: Monday 23 April.