Gallery Zero Residency Open Call 2020, Nottingham Contemporary
- LocationEast Midlands Part time Paid
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, libraries, literature, museums, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactOlivia Aherne galleryzero@NottinghamContemporary.org
Opened in 2009, Nottingham Contemporary is an international art centre with a strong sense of local purpose. We are a place for international art, for everyone, for free.
Connected but separate from our four main galleries, Gallery Zero is a fresh and flexible activity space. It is an informal space for all visitors to explore, think, experiment and play and is home to Nottingham Contemporary’s resource library of journals, books and pamphlets. It is also host to 1525 (Nottingham Contemporary’s youth collective) and residents.
Gallery Zero is offering the opportunity for an individual, group or collective to inhabit the space for a 6-month residency. During the residency, residents can engage with audiences in new ways through opportunities to create, develop, and programme events with a focus on the theme of ‘collaboration’. Residents will also be supported by a budget, staff and resources at Nottingham Contemporary.
The selected resident will receive:
• A project budget of £800 to include the cost of fees, travel, and materials.
• Monthly mentoring by staff from Exhibitions, Public Programmes and Research, Learning, and Marketing.
• Access to resources (e.g. creative materials, furniture, and technical equipment).
• Free or subsidised entry to events organised by and hosted at Nottingham Contemporary
For the full brief and for details of how to apply please visit: https://www.nottinghamcontemporary.org/record/open-call-residency-in-gallery-zero/