London Ultra Open Call for Artists - last few days remaining, The Free Painters and Sculptors
- Artformcombined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, photography, visual arts, performance
- ContactSally Buchanan (Curator) email@example.com
Just a few days left for Artists and Creatives to apply to take part in this exciting and unique exhibiting opportunity at London’s iconic and atmospheric old industrial space - Bargehouse, at OxoTower Wharf on Bankside.
The London Ultra is an Art Extravaganza organised by The Free Painters and Sculptors, an Independent Artists’ Co-operative and Artists’ Charity. The show celebrates innovation and excellence in Contemporary Art and aims at the bravest & best; encouraging ‘Freedom in the Arts in its broadest sense’ and providing an exhibiting oportunity not to be missed, a transformative Art experience.
Show dates : 31st Oct -10th Nov Open daily 11.00 - 18.00
Preview Party: 31st October 18.30 - 21.30 (by invitation) with events and performances timetabled on the preview evening and over both weekends.
Application is free. (For successful Artists modest exhibiting fees apply.)
Artists can submit up to 12 works in any medium, on any theme: 2D, 3D, Installations, Light shows, Performances. There is also a new option to submit Artworks based on your interpretations on any of 4 themes:
1. Luminism (Illuminated artworks including AV to fill the entire blacked out top floor - a real wow last year.)
2. The Artist’s Garden
3. Art Bottles (a room full of various Artists’ own bottles to be variously arranged & suspended from grids on the ceilings.)
4. Gaia's Room (after James Lovelock.)
There are 4 Artists’ Residencies & Cash Prizes for the most outstanding works:: The Roy Rasmussen Award £1000, The London Ultra Art Prize £1000 and The Ultra Under 30 Prize £750
For more details abot how to apply and full Artists’ Information go to the frontpage of the FPS website and follow the links to the application form.
The closing date is midnight 23rd September.