Marketing and social media for creative businesses - Workshop, Crafts Council
- LocationNorth East
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, interdisciplinary arts, visual arts
- ContactMakerDev email@example.com
This workshop will offer a visual insight into how makers and designers can present themselves online and how to generate interest and income to their practice.
Thursday 18th October
Roco creative co-op | 338-346 Glossop Road | S10 2HW Sheffield
To book tickets: https://cceventmarketing18octsheffield.eventbrite.co.uk
Are you struggling to navigate social media? Do you have a showcase, an open studio event or an exhibition coming up? Are you applying to grant organisations? To selected programmes or exhibitions? Do you wish to be successful in your showcases or applications?
Why it’s worth attending?
- Advice on understanding how to promote your unique offer
- Tips on developing a brand through your vision and values
- Tips on where to focus your online marketing
Who is speaking?
- Clare Knox-Bentham is a Manchester based designer and industry expert who will be advising on self-promotion, your branding, establishing a marketing strategy and shaping your online promotion.
- Rachel Butlin is a contemporary jeweller, producing a range of interactive, mixed material wearable pieces. Rachel loves to challenge the way in which people perceive a piece, by creating small scale sculpture that can be worn on the body, in a way chosen by the wearer. Carefully considering material combination and placement, her work often explores bespoke materials, evoking curiosity between the piece and the wearer themselves. Her work is stocked in a number of high end UK galleries, she also exhibits at highly regarded international shows such as Sieraad, Amsterdam and Muhjo Gallery, Antwerp. Rachel will be offering you key tips on building a sustainable business through online marketing and promotion.
What is on offer?
- Advice on the logistics to understand and utilise social media marketing
- Why an online profile is important, what you should be considering and how to make the most of potential opportunities.
- Introduction to approaching press outlets
This Reaching Your Market workshop is part of a series of Business development workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to promote their work successfully.