New Flourish Workshops And Training In Jan & Feb 2019, Creative Dementia Arts Network
- LocationWest Midlands, South East
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, literature, music, visual arts
Creative Dementia Arts Network (CDAN) is delighted to be working with MHA a charity providing care, accommodation and support services for more than 18,000 older people throughout Britain. MHA has an outstanding Music Therapy service and want to build on and extend their provision for people with dementia. So CDAN and MHA are now piloting Make and Move, an exciting arts programme which aims to increase opportunities for MHA care home residents to participate in a range of arts, boost creativity in the homes and enhance links with arts and community resources.
In order to optimise residents’ engagement with arts, CDAN are running their FLOURISH arts and dementia training course. Following an in depth 2 day introductory workshop, arts practitioners are equipped with skills and knowledge and apply these to practice during arts sessions led by arts practitioners with expertise of working with people with dementia.
CDAN are now calling for applications from arts practitioners for FLOURISH. So why not apply for our unique course that offers
- Teaching about dementia and arts programming including workshops with experienced arts practitioners
- An opportunity to link theory to practice during 6 weekly 3 hour arts sessions with residents with a dementia living in a care home
- Coaching and support before, after and during the sessions from experienced arts practitioners
- Additional training sessions at the home led by experienced arts practitioners
- A comprehensive FLOURISH training manual with huge resource list
- Part time, flexible and low cost training
COVENTRY FLOURISH training dates: 2019 on 31 January & 1 February and on 28 February & 1 March 2019. 10.00 - 15.00 including refreshments and lunch
CROYDON FLOURISH training dates: 2019 on 23 & 24 January and on 27 & 28 February 2019. 10.00-15.00 including refreshments and lunch
Application deadline for the January workshops is Wednesday 9 January 2019 and for the February workshops is Monday 11 February 2019
So if you live (preferably) in the Midlands or London, please contact email@example.com for further details and an application form. Email Maria Pasiecznik Parsons on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07801 509993 with any questions.