Open Call: Artist submissions for Percolate Programme, Siobhan Davies Studios
- Closes12th February 2020
- LocationLondon Part time Paid
- Artformcombined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, theatre, visual arts
Percolate is a new programme from Siobhan Davies Studios offering flexible support to artists. There will be three open calls per year, offering cash, free studio space and the support of our team for those selected. We want to hear ideas that might not fit into ordinary funding structures, or about something new that you’re testing.
Siobhan Davies Studios supports artists working with dance and choreography. We support work informed by research and investigation, often across varying disciplines and contexts. Whether you’re a dance artist exploring a new piece, a visual-art collective working on a film involving choreography, or a hip-hop dancer delving into new modes of working – or many others besides – we would love to hear from you. We recognise that additional barriers exist in dance and the arts for disabled artists and artists of colour, so we strongly encourage applications from artists identifying in these ways.
Percolate is an all-encompassing programme taking over from our previous Torchlight and Open Choreography programmes. This change allows us to have more frequent call-outs and offer more bespoke support to artists. We will host up to four Percolate Artists each season, who will be central to our artistic programme at Siobhan Davies Studios.
Support offered (as needed):
- Seed funds – up to £1000.
- No-cost space for research, rehearsal or events up to 5 days with the possibility of additional days at a reduced rate)
- Technical support
- Marketing support
- An outside eye / curatorial dialogue
- Connections with SDD’s networks
We are now accepting applications for activity to start during our upcoming Summer season, May – August 2020.
Applications are open until Wednesday 12 February 2020, 10am
Further open calls this year:
- Late March 2020, for activity taking place September – December 2020
- Late August 2020, for activity taking place January – April 2021
Please direct any questions to Hayley Miranda, Communications and Production Assistant, email@example.com