Open Call: Cast & sell a new work - no production costs, London Bronze Editions
- LocationLondon, UK
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, film, interdisciplinary arts, museums, photography, music, visual arts
- ContactTom Winstanley email@example.com
London Bronze Editions invites applications from UK-based artists, designers & creatives for Round 2 of their New Editions opportunity. During lockdown No. 1 we invited 13 UK-based artists via open call to cast a new edition of work without production costs. These new works are currently being revealed on the LBE website. www.londonbronzeeditions.com
We’re thrilled to offer this incredible opportunity again in Round 2 for five more UK-based artists.
London Bronze Editions exhibits contemporary artworks in metal. The gallery works with innovative, emerging artists and the established, expanding their practice. We use editions - a set number of identical casts of one piece of work - as an accessible way of collecting contemporary art. Launched in 2020 as an extension of London Bronze Casting (est. 2014), a foundry that researches and casts remarkable new artwork, when many galleries closed their doors due to the pandemic, we opened ours online.
- Register Now - https://www.londonbronzeeditions.com/register
- Submissions are open from December 1st until January 10th
- We’re looking for new work that has never been cast in metal before
- Max. dimensions of proposed artwork are 40x40x40cm
- Selection panel to be announced on LBE Instagram @londonbronze
- Selected artists will have their editions made without production costs
- The work will then be sold in our online gallery
- Any UK-based artist, designer or creative can apply
- There is no application fee
- 10% of all sales of the 5 new editions will be donated to a charity of the artist’s choice
To apply visit https://www.londonbronzeeditions.com/register & follow @londonbronze on Instagram for updates.