Peer Learning Event: Learning By Design, Engage, the National Association for Gallery Education
- LocationLondon, London
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, interdisciplinary arts, museums, photography, visual arts
- ContactLaura Callan firstname.lastname@example.org
4 - 6 March 2019
Hosted by The V&A, The Design Museum and The Crafts Council UK, London
Take time out to share and reflect on current gallery and arts education practice and research with colleagues from across the UK and beyond.
Find out about new developments in design and craft education from our hosts: the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Design Museum, and the Crafts Council.
Run by Engage, the National Association for Gallery Education, this is a great opportunity for colleagues to work together over three intensive days to reflect on their practice, review recent research, and learn about UK and international contexts and network. Participants of Learning by Design are invited to present or run an activity or workshop for their peers. Attendees may also choose to participate and not present.
The programme will also include presentations from the following speakers:
- Rebecca English Programme Manager for Schools, Victoria and Albert Museum
- Bernard Hay Producer of Adult Learning, Design Museum
- Zoe Dennington Learning and Participation Manager, Crafts Council
- Jo Haywood Making Your Future Project Manager, Crafts Council
- Rosie Mitchell Young Peoples Producer, Crafts Council
Dates, times and locations (full timetable will be announced soon):
- Monday 4 March, 10.30am – 6 pm: Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Tuesday 5 March, 10.30am – 6 pm: Design Museum.
- Wednesday 6 March, 10am – 3pm: Crafts Council.
Costs to attend:
- Engage Personal Members: £125
- Engage Organisational Members: £200
- Non-Members: £275
Fees include attendance on all three days, entry to some exhibitions and light refreshments. It does not include accommodation, travel around London or drinks and dinner. There will be opportunities for participants to have dinner together on the first evening of the programme and drinks on the second evening, but these costs must be borne by the participants themselves.
Bursary places are available.
Deadline for applications: 11 February 2019. Find out more >> https://www.engage.org/learningbydesign