Self-Publishing webinar, in partnership with the British Library
- LocationLondon, online
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, libraries, literature, museums, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactMelissa Addey Melissa@MelissaAddey.com
Webinar, 3rd Dec, 10am - 1pm (session will be recorded if you cannot attend the live event).
Self-publishing is now the way forward for many authors: fulltime writers are four times more likely to make a living when they self-publish! It is a quick, relatively cheap process and simple when you know how, but often people hold back because they are not sure how to get started. If this is your worry then this workshop is for you! We will cover how to get from a completed manuscript to holding a published book in your hands, step by step.
We will go through both paid and DIY options for:
- How to ensure your manuscript is the best it can be
- Adding extras (maps, illustrations, etc.)
- How to have it formatted (eBooks, paperback, hardback)
- The vital importance of cover design
- Which platforms to use (Amazon, iBooks, Google, Kobo, etc.) and how to upload to them
- Keywords so your book can be found by browsers
- The basics of launching and marketing (there is also a more intensive course available focused just on marketing your books but we will cover absolute must-haves)
- Managing your books over time (e.g. refreshes, series, etc.)
- Adding different formats e.g. online courses and audiobooks
You’ll take away an action plan, lots of useful ideas and contacts.
This workshop is for anyone wanting to self-publish. We will focus on fiction as well as non-fiction (and briefly discuss the specific needs of picture books).
After the event you will be sent resource-filled slides from our main talk and a free eBook, Melissa Addey's Merchandise for Authors, which offers a wealth of ideas for using your book as the basis for developing merchandise.
So much information – extremely helpful and also methodical. I appreciated all the resource lists. It was super helpful.
Loved it - thank you. Very knowledgeable and experienced tutor, brilliant advice and tips.
Engaging speaker: honest and real.
To book tickets: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/self-publishing-webinar-in-partnership-with-the-british-library-tickets-109614726598