Sew your own "Sculptural Bucket Coat", Fabrications - Hackney
- Artformcrafts, Other, sewing, tailoring
- ContactBarley Massey firstname.lastname@example.org
Fabrications is very happy to welcome Tree from Stitchless TV for one of her one of a kind classes. Tree has a brilliant YouTube chanel teaching how to make all of kinds of stylish items that any level of sewer can make. Her philosophy is to take high end catwalk looks and show us in easy, no fuss steps how we can make our own versions in our front rooms!
During the class, Tree will guide you through using her "Sculptural Bucket Coat" pattern, piecing together on the machine and the finishing touches. Here is her video tutorial for a sneak preview, but there is nothing better than spending time with Tree live and direct, and being able to ask lots of questions and get feedback on your sewing.
All levels of sewer are welcome but being able to thread up a machine / have used a machine before is advisable. Maximum of 6 participants in the class.
On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
- Work with a paper pattern, layout & cut out your cloth pieces.
- Assemble fabric panels on the machine
- The coat is not lined and we will be using an overlooker to finish the inside seams.
- Apply a bias binding to embelish and finish a raw edge (more experienced sewers)
- Create many versions of this unique coat pattern
YOU WILL NEED: Bring your choice of fabric for making your bucket coat - you can pretty much use anything for this design (except stretch fabric or anything too fragile/that frays easily) or choose from our selection of suitable fabrics.
150cm: 2m 65cm
Patterns will be available to use during the class.
new/packaged coat patterns will also be available to purchase after the class if you wish.
WHEN: Sunday 26th January, 10:30am - 5:30pm
WHERE: Fabrications, 7 Broadway Market, Hackney, London E8 4PH. http://www.fabrications1.co.uk
HOW TO BOOK: E-mail or call Barley on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE via Fabrications website CALENDAR.