Studio Vacancy 1-6 month lets, Contains Art
- LocationSouth West, Somerset
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, film, interdisciplinary arts, literature, photography, theatre, visual arts
- ContactJon Barrett email@example.com
1-6 month lets
on the harbourside
Contains Art aims to support the development of creative practitioners by providing low-cost studio space and access to project space that can respond to the diverse needs of contemporary practice. It aims to form a creative hub that can foster and support artists working in West Somerset. It aims to be welcoming to visitors and to develop local audiences for creative outputs.
The rent of £110 per calendar month includes:
• Buildings insurance and maintenance
• Electricity (for heating, lighting – if high usage equipment is proposed a contribution may be negotiated)
• Wireless broadband
• Limited car parking (2 studio artists’ cars are permitted on the East Quay at any one time so available by negotiation and cooperation with other studio tenants)
• Access to toilets and water supply in Watchet Harbour Marina building
• Direct sales opportunities through Contains Art events.
• Business rates
• Contents and Public Liability Insurance
Contains Art wishes to celebrate diversity of practice and welcomes applications from artists working in a range of media. However, please note that:
• There is no plumbed water supply to the studios.
• Electricity is limited to a domestic supply level, kilns and other machinery requiring a threephase supply cannot be accommodated.
If you are not familiar with Contains Art please ask for an appointment to visit the studios if you wish and/or contact us to discuss suitability of your practice to the premises and location.
Criteria Contains Art studio tenants should:
• Be committed to an ongoing creative practice
• Have a clear vision for the development of their work
• Be willing to make an active contribution to Contains Art • Be willing to engage with the creative and wider community in West Somerset
• Be willing to be flexible and cooperative during a period of change and development.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, expression of interest, and details of the application process. Or call on 07583368072.