Future Leaders applications for 2018/19 are open!, Global Grooves
- LocationNorth West
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, interdisciplinary arts, music, visual arts
- ContactHolly Prest firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Leaders is an innovative international training programme within the Carnival Arts sector, providing access to professional practice, skills and knowledge within music, dance and visual arts for young artists aged 12-25.
During the programme, young artists will:
• Enjoy exciting residential training with like-minded artists and industry specialists.
• Make new friends, gain confidence, and enjoy exploring their art form with others.
• Meet guest speakers and specialists who will share their stories and advice.
• Work with an inspirational arts mentor to identify and achieve their goals.
• Get connected to a growing international network of driven young artists.
Previous participants benefitted greatly from an outstanding array of tutors, workshops, presentations and discussions in a motivating and inspirational format, involving a strong curriculum covering an essential range of genres and approaches to the subject. We believe that investing in the next generation of young artists is crucial to ensuring a happy and healthy arts culture, both locally and globally.
We are delighted to announce that the Future Leaders programme is set to run again on the following dates for 2018/19:
Residential 1 - Mon 29th Oct to Sun 4th Nov 2018 (one week)
Residential 2 - Fri 7th Dec to Sun 9th Dec 2018 (weekend)
Residential 3 - Fri 1st Feb to Sun 3rd Feb 2019 (weekend)
Residential 4 - Mon 8th Apr to Sun 14th Apr 2019 (one week)
We are looking for 40 new applicants from around the UK aged 12-25 in music, dance, and visual arts. Residentials will take place at The Castleshaw Centre in Oldham (OL3 5LZ).
Do you know about a young artist 12-25 who would benefit from:
- personalised training
- mentoring and residential trips
- joining a network of UK/international artists?
Help us to find these young artists and allow them the choice to get training and access to opportunities they can massively benefit from (and take skills back to their own communities and groups). All information about how to apply is available at www.futureleaders.org.uk
Application deadline is 6pm, 30th September 2018