Get Your Folk On! Summer School, English Folk Dance and Song Society
- Artformcombined arts, dance, interdisciplinary arts, music
Through a focus on folk music, song and dance, Get Your Folk On! courses offer young musicians and/or dancers the chance to improve on their performance and playing.
Please note that this is a week long course which runs daily from Monday 13 – Friday 17 August, 10.30am – 4.30pm.
Skills gained include:
- playing music by ear - no sheet music here!
- exploring harmonies, riffs, chord sequences and folk techniques
- creating arrangements in small and big bands
- singing and exploring folk song history and culture
- trying new instruments or dance forms
- gaining performance skills with final sharing events
Courses are friendly, flexible and responsive to all young people’s needs and abilities, led by a team of skilled and engaging folk educators. No previous folk experience is required and no two courses are the same!
Courses take place at Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regent's Park Road, London, NW1 7AY.