Beginners Dressmaking & make your own 'Bettine' dress, Fabrications - Hackney
- Artformcrafts, Other, sewing, dressmaking
- ContactBarley Massey firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop will introduce you to basic dressmaking. From how to cut out your pattern, tips on setting up and using a domestic sewing machine and build your confidence and enthusiasm in making your own clothes. Barley will guide you through the process of making a stylish 'Bettine' dress from a 'Tilly & the Buttons' pattern. (There is a choice of 2 designs)
The 'Bettine' dress features a blousy bodice with scoop neckline, kimono sleeves, turn up cuffs, elasticated waistline and tulip skirt. Simple to sew, with no fiddly darts, fastenings or set in sleeves. The plain skirt version is a perfect first dress project for beginners. More experienced? Try the pocket skirt version and optional cuff tabs. A comfortable wearable dress you'll want to throw on every day!
If you have never used a sewing machine or are feeling a bit rusty we do offer an introductory class - "Provisional Driving" - introduction to using a sewing machine
On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
- Understand how to set up a domestic sewing machine for dressmaking.
- Cut a simple garment pattern
- Assemble the pattern pieces on the machine and best approach
- Add an elasticated waistline
- Add finishing touches such as a pockets and optional cuff tabs.
- Make many other versions of Tilly & the Buttons 'Bettine' design with your pattern.
LEVEL: Confident Beginner
WHEN: Sunday 22nd July, 11am - 5pm
WHERE: Fabrications, 7 Broadway Market, Hackney, London E8 4PH. http://www.fabrications1.co.uk
PRICE: £75 includes pattern.
YOU WILL NEED: To bring your own light to medium weight drapey fabric (such as cotton voile, viscose/rayon or chambray)* * We stock a lovely selection of fabrics suitable for the 'Bettine' dress at Fabrications * *
Quantities: 3m (115cm wide) or 2m (150cm)
TO BOOK: E-mail or call barley on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE via Fabrications website CALENDAR.