Learn hand embroidery & stitch an 'Andean Rose', Fabrications - Hackney
- Artformcrafts, Other, hand embroidery, needlework
- ContactBarley Massey email@example.com
Andean embroideries are fascinating and inspirational works of art used on indigenous costumes in Peru and its mountainous neighbouring countries for thousands of years. Join the wonderful tutor Bella Lane and master the technique in three hours in this mini master class, working and stitching a beautiful “Andean Rose” inspired by a “Festivity Pollera” (skirt) using original Andean hand embroidery threads. A perfect master class for the beginner to hand embroidery.
Bella Lane is from Iquitos Peru, Master Peruvian embroiderer, trained at the Royal School of Needlework and a world embroidery stitch collector. We are very honoured to have Bella as a guest teacher at Fabrications!
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- Understand how to work technically a beautiful Peruvian Rose step by step
- Have the opportunity to study some indigenous costumes of Peru
- Participants can apply the same technique for their own projects
- Students will have picked up some 'insider' tips and tricks from a master craft person
Class includes a pre prepared embroidery kit by Bella with everything you need for the class and a complimentary glass of prosecco at the end!
LEVEL: All levels welcome.
WHEN: Saturday 28th July, 2 - 5pm (Bella is also running a morning 'Introduction to Andean Embroideries' 10am - 1pm)
WHERE: Fabrications, 7 Broadway Market, Hackney, London E8 4PH. http://www.fabrications1.co.uk
PRICE: £55 or £95 for the full day (includes a kit and a glass of prosecco!)
TO BOOK: E-mail or call Barley on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE via Fabrications website CALENDAR