18-25 year-olds: Join us by the river and apply to #ThamesRising, Thames Festival Trust
- Artformcombined arts
- ContactSophie Groak email@example.com
The Thames Festival Trust is pleased to announce that #ThamesRising is back for a second year, providing 18-25 year-olds the chance to work with us in the lead up to and during our annual season of events Totally Thames, with exclusive behind the scenes access to our lead project and installation for 2019, The Ship of Tolerance by internationally renowned artists Ilya and Emilia Kabakov.
You will experience the project from start to finish, with access to workshops, to the ship’s build site, river clean ups, artist meetings and more, as well as monthly sessions with the Thames Festival Trust team, and get the chance to document the experience.
#ThamesRising will bring a group of 18-25 year-olds together from early July until early October, with monthly sessions punctuated with regular opportunities to become immersed in the development of Totally Thames and The Ship of Tolerance. The first session will be on Thursday 4 July.
Sessions thereafter will take place on the first Wednesday of the month in August, September, and October with the above opportunities timetabled in around this.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Find out how an arts and cultural organisation works
- Work with a team of like minded young people
- Work with arts and cultural professionals
- Behind the scenes access to our lead installation for 2019, The Ship of Tolerance
- Hands-on marketing and social media experience
- Invites to Totally Thames events
- Learn about and get on the River Thames
- Work experience day in Bloomberg’s London Office
- Networking opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
Tell us in no more than 400 words why you would like to be a part of #ThamesRising and what you would bring to the role. Please send this with your CV if you have one along with a completed Equal Opportunities Form that can be downloaded below to Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you can attend the first session on Thursday 4 July at 6.30pm before applying.
More info can be found on our website