Guildhall School announces 2019 Autumn Season, Guildhall School of Music & Drama
- Artformcombined arts, music, theatre
- ContactFiona Dart email@example.com
Guildhall School is a vibrant, international community of young musicians, actors and production artists in the heart of the City of London. Highlights of the School’s just-announced Autumn 2019 season include:
- The first three plays in an exciting new chapter of Guildhall drama productions delivered under the artistic leadership of Vice-Principal & Director of Drama Orla O'Loughlin: 'Red Velvet' by Lolita Chakrabarti; 'The Wheel' by Zinnie Harris; and Company-devised 'Provok’d: A Restoration'
- Showcases of new music: Guildhall Session Orchestra performs newly commissioned music for Illuminated River; an evening of works by Head of Composition Julian Philips; and a residency from Quatuor Bozzini
- Alice Farnham conducts Haydn’s rarely performed opera 'La Fedeltà Premiata'
- Concerts in Barbican Hall featuring works by Rachmaninov, Gershwin and Duke Ellington; Sibelius and Mahler
- Guildhall School musicians perform alongside international artists including: Alison Balsom, Richard Tognetti, Thomas Søndergård and Julian Joseph
- Live events including video projection and light & sound installation projects at Museum of London, Tower Bridge and Hestercombe Gardens
- Alumna Lucy Parham’s original Composer Portrait of Clara Schumann, performed in the composer’s bicentenary year, with narrators Lesley Sharp and Sir Simon Russell Beale
- Collaborations with London Symphony Orchestra, Australian Chamber Orchestra and BBC Symphony Orchestra
- A host of prestigious guest artists – including Sir Willard White, Kirill Gerstein, Joan Rodgers CBE and members of the Los Angeles Philharmonic – working with Guildhall musicians in public masterclasses
Visit https://www.gsmd.ac.uk/events to find out more and book tickets