Introduction to hand embroidery stitches, FABRICATIONS - Hackney
- Artformcrafts, embroidery, upcycling
- ContactBarley Massey firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be guided through each stitch via a step by step approach that includes written and visual instructions. Artist Milou Stella has created the perfect beginner sampler (also a zero waste canvas bag) inspired by floral folk embroidery traditions which will help you familiarise yourself with a variety of easy motifs.
Milou Stella set up Moody Bright Designs as a response to concerns about fast fashion and the environment, with an urgent need to slow down and appreciate the process of making something unique and of quality, whilst avoiding waste as much as possible.
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- Explore a range of hand embroidery stitches including: Running Stitch, Back Stitch, Split Stitch, Stem Stitch, French Knot and Lazy Daisy
- Understand how to combine stitches to create a range of designs and stitched effects
- Feel inspired to apply the same techniques to your own projects
- Pick up some ‘insider’ tips, tricks and approaches from a practising artist.
We highly recommend you attend the afternoon class if you’d like to know how to use embroidery as a kind way to love your clothes even longer – Upcycle your clothing with embroidery with Moody Bright Designs (Part II) will also help you understand how to come up with your own designs, in particular with garments in mind.
LEVEL: All levels are welcome
WHEN: Sunday 22nd September, 11am - 1.30pm & 2.30 - 5pm
WHERE: Fabrications, 7 Broadway Market, Hackney, London E8 4PH. http://www.fabrications1.co.uk
PRICE: £45 (1/2 day) or £80 (full day) A special kit is provided but please bring an item of clothing to embroider if you are attending the afternoon session.
TO BOOK: E mail or call Barley on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE via Fabrications website CALENDAR.