Thrive Associate Artist Call Out, Barbican Theatre, Plymouth
- LocationSouth West
- Artformdance, literature, theatre
- ContactDan Baker, Creative Producer firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrive Barbican Theatre
Thrive is Barbican Theatre’s artist development programme – designed to help local and emerging artists get their work seen, to push themselves and to develop as artists.
As part of this programme we are inviting local artists and companies to apply to be a Thrive Associate for 2019/20 – an opportunity to benefit from significant support and investment from Barbican Theatre in the next stage of your career. Whether you’re still in the early stages of your career, or are looking to take your work to the next level – this opportunity is for you.
Barbican Theatre has helped artists develop for forty years, providing support and opportunities in a genuine and personal way. Through the Thrive Associate programme, we want to help the next generation of artists – and to help them THRIVE!
Who can apply?
- Performance makers who work across theatre, dance, spoken word, comedy, cabaret and other forms of live performance
- Companies and individual artists from ALL backgrounds – regardless of age, gender, ethnicity/race, sexuality, socio-economic status or disability
- Those based in, or with a strong connection to, Plymouth or the wider area (specifically Devon and Cornwall)
- Artists at all levels of experience - this opportunity is designed to support people at various stages in their careers
- Anyone who is looking to make the next step in their professional development; this could include making a bigger piece of work, or touring for the first time
- Artists with interesting stories to tell, who might be experimenting with form and doing things a bit differently!
For details of what we are offering Thrive Associate Artists (including funding, performance opportunities, development etc) and how to apply click here
Application deadline: 5pm, Fri 4th October 2019.