Criptic Pit Party - Celebrate D/deaf and disabled artists, Criptic
- Artformcombined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactJamie Hale firstname.lastname@example.org
To start, Hale performs NOT DYING in which they recount their full-circle story of progressive disability, from the agony and gracelessness of threatening death to the jubilance and defiance of survival. To follow, D/deaf and disabled artists expand on the selected themes of anger, fortitude and joy in short sets of music, dance and spoken word.
○ Jamie Hale – NOT DYING
○ Signkid – The Visual Experience
○ Jackie Hagan – This Is Not A Safe Space
○ Amelia Cavallo – Tito Bone
○ Elle Chante & Katie Walters – Seasick
○ Donna Williams – BSLingual Poetry (Fri 11th only)
○ Jessi Parrott – PREPARE IT (MY BODY) (created by Jessi Parrott & Crispin Lord)
Together their Pit Party recreates deeply personal experiences rarely represented on stage in a spirited, celebratory atmosphere.
Developed through The Barbican OpenLab programme, NOT DYING came into being as Hale began experimental medical treatment. Determined to confront and dismantle barriers so often encountered by disabled people, their solo intertwines video and narrative to thought-provoking effect. The vibrant second-half showcase curated by Hale completes CRIPtic.
Fri 11 Oct
Chilled, BSL-interpreted and audio-described performance
Fri 11 Oct
Free to same-day ticket holders
Sat 12 Oct
Chilled, Captioned, BSL-interpreted performance